Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The God Father

In class I watched the movie The God Father.  This movie is about a Sicilian family in the 1950’s New York that is part of the mafia.  This movie shows in depth about how the family works and does their business.  The main character in this movie is Michael Corleone who is the youngest son of Don Corleone.  Over the course of the movie you learn that family comes before anything but family can also betray you.  The movie showed how the Don of the family could not refuse any offer on his daughters wedding day.  For this reason people would wait online to ask for favors from him.  

After watching the movie I learned a couple of new things.  One of those things was that money is good to have but is not worth giving up certain things.  I learned that doing illegal business will wind up bad one way or the either for example when Sonny got killed.  From now I am going to look at life in a new perspective and realize money and illegal power is nothing.  The biggest thing I have realized is that people may seem to like you when you can benefit them but once that ends everyone forgets who you are.

2 comments:

  1. This is a confusing blog, and the purpose of the movie was to examine another part of American culture.

    Grade: 2/4

    ReplyDelete